Monday, July 9, 2012

I know I said I wouldn't...but I did.

I haven't posted since February?! I really didn't think it had been that long. A few random notes:

1. I've lost 38 pounds and have been STUCK...which is a little frustrating. I started feeling pretty good about myself, until I saw some family photos....nice reality check.

2. I don't know what to say when people report "Bob Sightings" to me. They seem to want some sort of reaction. "Michelle, I saw Bob on a date." "Um....well, we're not married, so he is allowed to date." I then say something like, "Hope you said hi!" or "Good for you." The latter, of course, makes no sense, and yet I have said that 3 different times (Not in a snarky way, but more of a "you did it!" kind of way.) Sorry. Over the past many, many months I have had oodles of people report their sightings...I would love to hear your response suggestions.

3. I have temporarily lost my sanity and caved to my children's requests and signed up on a dating site...just today. I explained to my children that I lacked the confidence...but they still wanted me to try (one child in particular.) I received an email (on my phone) from this particular sight, saying that someone had sent me a message. Here is the message (prepare yourself), "Hi!" At which point I turned off my phone and hid it under a pillow. I experienced an odd combination of happiness at receiving a message and feelings of horror...who is this creep? Why is he sending me a message? I don't even know him!  Hmmmm....how long will this experiment last? I'm much better at coping in person....the online thing baffles me. I still have yet to respond. I've never felt so communication impaired...feel free to give response suggestions on this, as well.

4. I have several blog posts brewing and a friend has commanded me to "spew." So, check tomorrow....I'll have more to say.

5 comments:

michelle said...

This post gave me the giggles.

1. I think you look great! 38 pounds is quite an accomplishment.

2. Hilarious. Who are these people who feel the need to give you reports about Bob? I have no idea what I would say.

3. Wow. That would be weird. I do think you should respond to your message, even if you just say that you are feeling strange about meeting people online.

4. Yay! Let the spewing begin!

Nee said...

38 pounds is wonderful. but from one who has lost weight and kept it off, and is a lifetime WW, you will hit plateaus. your body needs time to accept the weight loss and adjust.....take a break, enjoy life and pick a date when you will start again anew to seriously track ....summer is hard especially with vacations......you are doing it.....it didn't only take a year to gain the weight so it will take time to lose it and keep it off....don't be too hard on yourself

Seth's mom said...

Argh. I've been meaning to message you to tell you how much fun I had when Bob and the girls came up for dinner a month or so ago--but it just wasn't the same without you! You were definitely the better half, and I miss you tremendously.
Anyway, if you don't want to do the online dating thing, don't. But don't let it freak you out. For adults of a certain age, it is really a great way to meet people. Think about it--where can you meet people? At work? Risky to date people you work with. At church? Probably not. A singles dance? Well, maybe it's different now, but when I tried that, it was a disaster! Using common sense, you can easily weed out the weirdos online. If nothing else, you'll have some great blog material. I was single for 10 years and often think I should write a book about my dating experiences--on and offline. It's a jungle out there!
Love and miss you!

Seth's mom said...

Oh, and congrats on the weight loss. Losing weight is hard work, so be proud and love yourself as you are right now!

Jill said...

Congratulations on the 38 pounds!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what to say about the "Bob Sightings" other than better them than you right?! Maybe someone should quietly slip the date a note that says, "RUN!"

My sister's ex husband just got engaged...we can't figure out how he shnockered this woman into marrying him!

You're a brave soul to sign up for the dating sight, just remember it's not personal.