Sunday, July 17, 2011

Miscellany

1. The Jehovah's Witness missionaries now bring their doe-eyed toddlers to your door. Very clever.

2. On the same day I received the following feedback regarding my return to school: "You are going to love it. It may take you a few weeks to get back into the swing of things - but you will do so well!" "It is going to be the hardest thing you've ever done. Be prepared to talk yourself out of a failing grade. Find a study partner that can carry you through."

3. It's hard to be so "get over-able."

4. Found out I still need another textbook.....grand total now $500. WHAT?!

5. Loved seeing my daughter's cell phone wallpaper was a photo of a sign reading "stay on the path."

6. I have become a huge fan of dry spice rubs. Fish, chicken, beef - Watch out!

7. I have fabulous friends and family.

8. In trying to spread the word about my voice over acting I've done a better job of selling the career, rather than myself. oops.

9. Found out my church library partner won $23,000 and a TV on the Price is Right 10 years ago.

10. I've been trying to decide if I should paint my front door red or black. I went to a scrapbook store and purchased several sheets of paper closest to the colors I was favoring. I taped 6 of the same color sheets on the door.....my daughter then went on to tell me that she liked the color on the far left better than the others. She wouldn't believe they were all the same color.

3 comments:

michelle said...

2. Huh.
3. To me, you're not.
4. Yikes!
5. Seriously great.
6. Yum.
10. Hilarious. I think red or black would both look great.

Jill said...

Oh those poor toddlers.

How exciting to be going back to school. I often think adults make far better students because we value the education and the money spent for it so much more than we did as young college students (not that you're not young).

As for being "get over-able" you really must consider the source.

Is the textbook gold leaf?

Oh I love it the thought of that cell phone wallpaper.

I enjoy a good spice rub.

What would we do without good friends and family? I'd be lost.

I thought you were going to say that you're going to give The Price is Right a whirl. I have actually suggested the game show route to Randy many times as we have struggled financially.

How nice to have the option to paint your front door!

Nee said...

I love your blog.
I am so glad that I found it. I love you. You are a great neighbor & friend.I saw the paper on the door and was tempted to come over and see if there was a note on them to read!!!!
Loves