Tuesday, March 8, 2011

THANKFUL

I've been feeling exhausted. I don't know if it's depression, a virus or both. When I have a spare moment all I want to do is sleep. I've become a huge fan of the nap. Of course this morning I enjoyed a vigorous snow shoveling before work - assisted by my wonderful neighbor Cam. I think he had already done several driveways when he came over to help me. As I finished shoveling and headed off to work I turned on some music. An uplifting and fabulous CD thoughtfully given to me by Jill began to play. I felt a wave of gratitude.

Throughout this divorce process many friends ask, "What can I do?" "How can I help?" The answer quite frankly is...I have no idea. But what does help is the asking and what helps even more are the prayers. There is great comfort in knowing there are people out there that I can turn to...people who are ready and waiting to help me...as soon as I figure out what I need. When I have those days that I become burdened with thoughts of "How will I possibly make ends meet?" or "Will there ever be a man who could love me?" or general fear of the unknown I feel this gentle nudge back in to the realm of positive thinking. I believe those nudges come from the power of prayer on my behalf. There is nothing more touching to me than to think of someone praying for my well being.

I don't know how I will make ends meet, I don't know if, when I'm ready, there will be a man out there for me - BUT, I do know that the Lord has blessed me with an amazing family and incredible friends whose faith and kindness buoy me up everyday. I am so blessed.

7 comments:

Tricia said...

you are such an amazing woman, michelle. i really mean that. i only hope that if i ever happen to have to deal with something as life altering as you are, i will have half the strength and positive out look as you. hope you know you're loved!

Erica said...

michelle - i've been reading your blog for a while now and am really sorry for what you and bob are going through.... (no, i didn't turn my head when i wrote that! although, when i read that post about people turning their heads - i totally laughed! love it, because i am positive i'm a head turner!!) i hope you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. you are not alone! what a strong woman you are with the most amazing daughters. what a great person you are for being able to see that you are indeed still blessed in the midst of all of this.
totally thinking of you!

michelle said...

What a huge blessing to feel the support of your loved ones when you really need it! And to be able to recognize your blessings in the midst of a huge trial. You definitely have your priorities in the right place.

I meant to call you today and check in, but my kids were conspiring to drive me crazy, and it didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow? Love you.

Jenna Anderson said...

Michelle- You are amazing. I hope you know that even from all the way out in Wisconsin I am thinking about you and praying for you. I miss you and love you!

Amy said...

Michelle- You are amazing!!Its so important to find those little things in life to be positive about. No matter how small or insignificant they seem. (You know like those two daily emails, ha ha). Somehow things will work. Hang in there & know you're in my thoughts.:)

ohiolanges said...

You are wonderful. Love you.

Jill said...

I pray for you every night before I go to bed.