Monday, March 15, 2010

Positive Attitude on speed

I just finished a two day conference that incorporates a totally new approach to sales at my business. Part of the homework I had to do before the conference involved reading a book and filling out numerous worksheets to get me to the positive attitude equivalent of Jim Carrey in Yes Man. (You can see it is still a work in progress.) I had the perfect example of this attitude, however, from my fabulously precocious niece, Eva.

Eva: I'm going to be a ballerina when I grow up.

Grandma Mim: You are?

Eva: Yeah, because I'm really good at being pretty.

Don't you love that? She is really good at being pretty and is confident enough to say it.

I'm home this morning from work to do all the things I didn't get done this weekend: Laundry, cleaning, pay bills for work. But I am afraid to go back into the laundry room. The last time I was in there a chunk of floor from the bathroom above fell on my head. The remodel marches on.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I LOVE the confidence of little kids! It is entertaining and inspiring. The lack of confidence in adulthood is so unattractive!

Do you need a hard hat to do laundry?

Tricia said...

i need to get a positive attitude... especially about remodels... i hope yours goes better than mine. we had a bathroom plumbed in and installed in the basement and now, a few days after they finished we have a pool in our basement if i use the washing machine... no bueno!

oh, and the best part, the guy went out of town for the weekend! hahahahahahaha!!

i miss seeing you!

michelle said...

I also love the confidence of little kids! What is it that beats us down and drains that away? We should all like ourselves better.

I do not envy you the remodel chaos, but I know the results will be fabulous and well worth it!