Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Super Powers and to do lists!

My super power of invisibility returned today! I had to run to the store before going to work. I walked up to the automatic grocery store door and it failed to open. I tried the exit - same experience. I then went back to the entrance - still no luck. As I started to walk to the entrance at the other end of the store I saw another woman approaching the unreceptive door. I turned to let her know that the door wasn't working - when I saw it swing open and allow her to enter. I decided to give it another try. I confidently walked up to the door, expecting a welcoming door swing - and was again denied entrance. Finally, using my brute strength, I allowed myself into the store. What is up with that? What does it mean when the "magic eye" cannot see you?

I have ridiculous amounts of things to accomplish before we head off to Paris tomorrow. That's right, Paris, Baby! I had all of these wonderful intentions of being organized and ready to go on Monday, so that Tuesday and Wednesday would be relaxing. (as travel guru Rick Steves recommends. He also recommends not getting sick before a trip...hmmm interesting advice.) Unfortunately, one of my employees has been out sick all week and I have been teaching extra classes. When I do that I have absolutely no energy left at the end of the day. Just enough for making dinner, helping with homework, and playing chauffeur. So, here I am at the end of Wednesday - actually Thursday - spending my time blogging. The amusing thing is I spent the first 5 years in the work force working for time management companies - see how effective I am?!

I have felt hyped up today with excitement...the best part is that we are bringing the girls AND we get to camp out at Marc and Michelle's in Paris. Pretty much the best of all worlds!

I figure my invisibility will have all kinds of advantages in Paris. First, I won't stand out as some obnoxious American tourist; second, all of the museums will be less expensive; and third, no one will see me lie down in the middle of the sidewalk when I simply can't take one more step. Have you ever been to Paris?

4 comments:

Jill said...

"What does it mean when the "magic eye" cannot see you?" Oh dear, this can't be good. I don't know what this means, unless it's the universe giving you funny blog fodder.

How exciting that you're leaving for Paris tomorrow! It will be so great. I hope you'll attempt to blog from the apartment. What's first on your agenda?

Chris and Jenna Anderson said...

I am so jealous! Have fun in Paris! I hope to hear all about it in upcoming blog posts.

michelle said...

Your last paragraph just cracked me up! I am invisible at times, and would like to be invisible at others...

Tara and Dan said...

What a minute... was this the Dan's grocery store??? That happened to me once. They have the entrance and exit on opposite sides so when I went to the right side, I fully expected it to be the entrance (nevermind the big red sign that said exit...). I walked forward and backwards about 5 times and nothing... finally I started pushing with all my might and the door went in about 4 inches before it violently swung outwards and smacked me in the face. It wasn't until then did I realize I was going in the wrong door.... I was just a LITTLE embarrased... (I walked away shaking my head like, "What a stupid door...")