Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Prepare to be shocked!


For the past 2 weeks I have only had Diet coke 3 times. That's right people 14 days - 3 cokes....who would have thought it was possible? Last week I was terribly sick with a sinus infection and happen to read that the caffeine would dehydrate me. Since I was convinced I would have a speedy, somewhat miraculous recovery, I was drinking gallons of water and did not want anything to impede its cleansing power and therefore stopped the diet coke.

Now, I am not going to go all nuts and say I won't be drinking it anymore, (Sorry, Mom!) but I am amazed that I have been able to get by without more - even since I have returned to full health (thanks to the miraculous healing powers of a z-pack). The weird thing is - today at work one of my employees had a 32 oz. diet coke sitting on the desk and my mouth began to water! What is wrong with me?!

Also, for the past two weeks I have radically changed what I have been eating. I figured, I was already feeling yucky, what better time to change. I am mostly eating vegetables (loads of them), fruit, and some protein and grains. I will tell you one thing....I am hungry. But I am determined! I have lost some weight, but with the amount I have to go it is not noticeable yet, so don't pretend you can tell! I have figured out a couple of things. You cannot lose weight and eat all your favorite foods (no matter what the commercials say), unless you change your favorite foods. You do have to exercise. You will have to deal with all of those emotions that you have been stuffing down your throat - or whatever change you make won't last. There you go..the weight loss truth...and without the aid of caffeine.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Way to go Michelle! I've been on the wagon for 4 years now and am still amazed by that fact. I don't think about diet Coke too much anymore, but every now and again I get a hankering and reflect back on the torrid affair I once had with it.

I soooo need to change my favorite foods, exercise and deal with the emotions I'm stuffing down my throat...but not tonight.

michelle said...

HA! A big DITTO to Jill's comment. Except for the being on the wagon for 4 years part. I'm still having a torrid affair, and I don't even feel bad about it!

Congrats to you. I'm glad you got a z-pack, the holy grail of prescriptions. You're inspiring me with your changes!

Amy said...

My personal addiction is chocolate, we have a love/hate relationship daily. I'm very proud of you for cutting out the bad foods, woot woot!!

Tara and Dan said...

Pavlov??? My mouth waters when I see someone eat candy.... I have to go out and buy it. Bad Tara. BAD Tara...

Tara and Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.