Thursday, July 9, 2009

Graffitti Toes


Today Cathy and I went to have pedicures, as we try to do once month, and things went awry. When the pedicurist asked if I wanted a flower and I said yes, she quickly went to work. The problem is she didn't seem to know when to stop. First there was a flower, very cute, then the little polka dots, also very cute. But then things took a scary direction. I think she became so involved in her work that she forgot her canvas was attached to my body. Next the neon orange came out - not necessarily a bad color - for a hunter - but it didn't quite go with my purplish pink polish. But the fun didn't stop there, because lo and behold she found silver and a star quickly emerged on each toe...but wait at the bottom of the basket is a small bottle of gold glitter - we have to include gold...but where to put it? Why, everywhere, of course. Oh my goodness is that more glitter? And rainbow colored to boot?! I have so much paint on each toe, that I may only be able to wear sandals, for fear my big toes won't fit in my other shoes.


Now, I know I should have stopped her, said something, had her start over...but I just didn't have it in me. It would be along the lines of breaking up with your hairstylist. Besides, I can hardly understand any of her broken English, which makes me feel badly, I mean she tries so hard....so not being thrilled with the results I had to do something...so I tipped her 20%. That'll show her! (And it makes me giggle that I have a label of toes on my blog.)

4 comments:

Gardner said...

I would never post my feet on my blog I have ugle toes. But you my dear have cute feet.

michelle said...

hee! That, my friend, is why I always refuse the flower!

Jill said...

That is so funny! I always get a flower when I get a pedicure and usually love it, but had one really bad one done last fall that has had me on-edge since then. I didn't say anything either.

Tara and Dan said...

hahahahahahahahhaha this is the funniest blog I've read in a while... I love sparkles-gone-wrong... they could make a reality show out of that. That being said, I actually don't think they're all that bad... At least your other toes weren't attacked...