Monday, April 27, 2009

A new skill

I recently put together this desk for Kristen - twice. Not until I got to the very end (literally the last step) did I discover that I put a piece in backwards. Yeesh! Of course in order to fix my error I had to take the desk completely apart and put it all back together - but it did go back together much quicker the second time. So now I feel like I should offer my services for putting together this one IKEA desk.

On Saturday night I went to the gym to clean the lobby carpet and loved watching Kristen and her friend Allie build this fort. They were so excited. It is nice that Kristen is still young enough to enjoy playing at the gym.

I also started to work on a stuffed dinosaur for my niece Eva - I forget how energizing a fun project can be - especially picking out the fabric!!

Mostly, I thoroughly enjoyed not having a crazy schedule this weekend. It seems like most Saturdays are packed!



3 comments:

Jill said...

I'm impressed with your desk assembly skills. I am a direction-a-phobe so I tend to think I can't do stuff like that, but whenever I really have to do something like that (i.e., like using the carpet cleaner today) I try to motivate myself with a fictional million dollars, and then I'm always able to focus on the directions and get it done. I'm just retarded.

michelle said...

I know I can put stuff together, I just don't particularly want to. Certainly not twice! I'm impressed.

Picking out fabric is one of life's joys.

Tara and Dan said...

I found you...... and now i'm going to stalk you.....

I love reading your posts- your writing skills at work! I can't believe how big your girls are getting.

And, is it weird that you and I get so excited picking out fabric?? I hang out around the fabric scrap bins like a cow at a trough- ready to pounce at whatever they put in next...