Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My first post - hooray!

It has taken me a week to have the time to sit down and write my first post. At the end of 2008 I realized that I have been dealing with the same problems and frustrations with bad habits, emotional baggage, relationship issues, etc. for about 10 years and in some cases - more. I complain, moan and groan, and occasionally feel sorry for myself (okay - maybe more than occasionally) without doing anything differently. Isn't that the definition of crazy? Crazy (adj.)Doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. So I have decided - it is time for a change!!

I started the year out by finding a great therapist - who is already helping me to make positive, albeit scary, changes in my life - and I am running a 5K in April (gotta start somewhere) - which hopefully will lead to more positive health changes. I am no fool - I know that I can't turn my entire life around over night, but by the end of the year I should be able to show a little progress.

So maybe I am being self-indulgent in creating this blog about this year's journey, but quite honestly I know myself well enough to know that putting my intentions out into the cyber universe where my friends and family can see what I am thinking will help me to follow-through more than if I do it all on my own. (Plus I am hoping I will be able to reconnect or stay better connected with those near and dear to my heart.)

4 comments:

michelle said...

Hooray for outreach and staying connected! I'm thrilled that you started a blog.

I had no idea you were running a 5K, very cool. And I hate it when people misspell things on purpose as well. It is NOT cute.

suzanne gallegos said...

You go girl!

michelle said...

I love this!! Hey I'm working on myself too--I've been dieting since October. The lbs are coming off! Yay for us. Love you!!

Jill said...

I don't think it's self-indulgent to have a blog (spoken like a 3 plus year blogger right?). I think it's a great way to articulate and document your thoughts, gain support from others, find out more about yourself and build in some accountability. There's nothing like putting yourself out there and then going about your day knowing you did. It's helpful.